Sunday, August 10, 2008

miscellany

as i sit down to post for the first time in quite a while, i realize that there have been countless ideas for posts that have passed through my head over the past 2 weeks. but, in my usual way, most of them escape me now. i guess short bullets will suffice again...

-burger night. it's always awesome. despite drama, numbers, and waiting forever for tables. a $3.99 burger, a $1.50 bud fat (king of beers), and some damn good fraahhlls (fries) and rahhhhnch (ranch dressing) will make my week EVERY TIME.

-i've learned over the past month or so that getting over your first love is never going to be easy. there will always be challenges, and you'll always have a place in your heart that can only be filled by that person. it might get easier over time, depending on the circumstances, but when you know it's not right, you have to try to stop it, and not look back. because once you do, you're through, and the entire process starts over again. don't look back. ever.

-i moved. for the last two years, i have called an apartment on west magnolia ave. (affectionately called "the oasis") my home. i had two awesome roommates, chase and lee, who have become life-long friends. chase and i slept in the same room every (well, most) night for those two years, shared countless laughs, arguments, heart-to-hearts, and maybe even some tears. we helped each other through break-ups, hard times, deaths in the family, and more. i'm so thankful for his friendship and that he crashed my room over 2 years ago. love ya buddy (i know you'll read this in 5 minutes).

and lee. what can i say about ol' lee kelley. let's just say, after a trip to africa together, a million slammed doors, me doing his laundry, him washing my dishes, me turning off his lights to save electricity, times of not speaking, an engagement, the end of an engagement, etc., lee is one of my best friends. and for that, i'm grateful.

but now, i have a new home. 720 thach ave. a little old house built in the 1940s with more mind-boggling engineering ideas than i can count. but man, is it awesome. i get to share this house with my good friend dan and his incredible dog jenny (i call her jensen... don't know why). i'm thankful that they have let me have a little room in their home. i'm really excited about the good times that will happen over the next year here.

-i'm thinking about a little weekend excursion to seattle in two weekends. i'm not sure if it's possible with my money situation right now, but man, would it be fun. karli and rachael, i'm working on it.

-might i recommend the music of bon iver.

-i have so much to be thankful for. new friends, old friends, good times, the good Lord.





don't look back. never, ever look back.

1 comment:

Jessy said...

I'm having a hard time not looking back. My situation is still very fresh, it hasn't even scabbed up yet. I'm trying really hard not to look back though.