Sunday, September 16, 2007

love, wash over a multitude of things...

Amazing the difference a little bit of time makes.

This may seem really silly to say, but it's still incredible to me how, if you earnestly ask the Lord for help, He doesn't really hesitate in giving it to you.

"More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and characters produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."
-Romans 5:3-5

I just don't feel like the person that I was when I first got back. Those first couple of weeks, I felt...I guess "fresh" is the best word. It's not what I really mean, but after such a hard two months, it was great to be back in my old life, but CHANGED. I'm not living like that anymore. More than anything, I've been praying for the discernment and strength to figure out exactly what I was doing then, and get back to it. I'm beginning to figure it out.

Bebo Norman is probably my 3rd favorite artist of all time, and I'll always be a fan, regardless of how his music changes, just because he has "it". Or at least whatever "it" is that makes me a HUGE fan of someone's music. But, one cannot help but be a bit disappointed in him after Friday at Lakeview. I saw him play in Dothan last October with a couple of friends, and the setlist was exactly the same Friday as that show last year (besides one different song). AND, every single joke, story, speech, introduction, etc. was identical. So, I was hoping for more, and got the same. But, Monk and Neagle were not incredible, but entertaining. And Shane and Shane know how to lead some worship. Thought their band was impressive.

It's not good to be an Auburn Football fan today. But, commitment and NOT being a fair-weather fan is important. And don't boo Brandon Cox. (but hey, who wouldn't want to see Kodi run around for the rest of the year...?)

I'll have a music update soon...according to Austin, I add music on Facebook that nobody's ever heard of. And people NEED to, so I'll do some reviews.

wcp

1 comment:

austin said...

thank you for the shout out