Thursday, October 16, 2008

i'm nowhere and You're everything

the Lord reveals himself to us in awesome ways. some ways and places i've seen the Father this week.

::the piano solo on the song "four years" on jon mclaughlin's new album ok now

::sitting down and playing hymns on the piano from memory, making up harmony as i go along. and in my limited knowledge of the piano actually playing something that i think sounds really cool. 

::tuesday morning, i pulled out of my driveway at 6:00 AM for work, and there was a beautiful full moon still out. 

::He constantly confirms to me that being out of the relationship that i was in for so long is the right move. 

::many of the words in the last couple of chapters of theirs is the kingdom were really thought-provoking and encouraging.

::a friend that i never gave any credit has come through. and i'm thankful for it.

::an opportunity to go to boston! are you kidding me?! how blessed am i that i am able to just pack up and head 800 miles away for a weekend excursion!? that's crazy to me. 

::i worried for a few days about a test that is scheduled for monday in my EU class, because i'm not going to be in town, obviously. and my ghanian professor came through, letting me take it late. thank you Lord, for the promise that we should not ever worry. and forgive us for continuing to do it.


what else... 

i got an e-mail from my dad. if you'll go back and read this post, you'll understand why that's sort of a big deal. it seems like a last ditch effort on his part. i haven't decided for sure, but i don't think i'm going to respond. not worth it. 

music for the week:
jon mclaughlin "ok now"
- this is a straight-up throwback to the '80s. and i don't like '80s music really. but i like this. it's hard to listen to anything from the studio, because he's just SO GOOD live, but it's still a fun album.

ray lamontagne "gossip in the grain"
-if jon mcl's album is an '80s album, then this is a '70s album. a lot of reminds me of nick drake. you could have told me "you are the best thing" was recorded in the '70s and i would have believed you 100%. favorite song is "let it be me".

fernando ortega "the shadow of your wings"
-this is what worship music should be. please ask me to let you hear this. 


1 comment:

Ben said...

i'm looking up all of that music right now. ps i need you. you should come out to the onething conference at ihop in KC over christmas break. it's the place to be.