Thursday, June 26, 2008

what can i say?

i'm the most selfish person i know. i posted about this a month or so ago, but i have thought about it some this evening and have come to that realization. even the people in my life who i think are incredibly selfish (and there are a few) do not compare to the guy i see in the mirror. the central point of Jesus and His teaching is selflessness. obviously the sirens are going off, and there's a huge issue there.

i'm glad i recognize this problem, at least. but it definitely isn't enough to just see that i am, 99% of the time, only concerned with myself. there must be prayers, pleading with my Father, and action on my part.

the worst part about it is, on the rare occasion that i do something for someone else that is supposed to be some type of masquerade as me being like Jesus, the sole purpose is usually just to make myself feel good. to make me feel like i did something. to give MYSELF the glory, when i deserve none of it. selflessness leads immediately to selfISHness.

as before, i pray that i can no longer be this way. that i will have the mind to recognize when i'm doing this. and that i will have the heart to truly be acting as Jesus would act. not for myself at all.

(ps: my attempt at posting on the iphone "live from burger night" was a quasi-failure. dan wins, i guess.)

3 comments:

Dan said...

not a failure. what more needed to be said? "Live from Burger night" sums it all up. more words would only have detracted.

Christopher Lee Kelley said...

Cheers to that whole blog.

Ali Tanner said...

humuility. it's good. it's about him. miss ya kid