Monday, September 8, 2008

splat

i generally don't like my car. i know that i am very blessed to have one at all, and in these times in which we live, it's very nice to not have to pay $70 to fill up my gas tank. but i've always wanted something different. i think this is because i have an underlying feeling that my car is cursed.

ever since i started driving my trusty silver honda civic, i've had all kinds of interesting things happen to it. soon after i got it, i hydroplaned going about 15 miles an hour and bumped into a little miata, putting a fun dent in my right front bumper (which remained for over a year until i could afford getting the ENTIRE bumper replaced). ps...why don't they make those things in sections, so when someone in my position needs a new part, i dont have to pay for the 85% of the bumper that DOESN'T need to be replaced?? strange world we live in.

i've had AT LEAST 5 flat tires. probably more, but they all run together at this point. thankfully none have been while i was driving, but it's still a pain to plug them all the time and replace them constantly.

during the summer of 2006, at home in hoover, somehow my back windshield was shattered overnight. still don't know how it happened, but i don't think i have THAT many enemies! i think it was just some punk kid in my neighborhood with a bb gun. or possibly someone trying to harm my neighbor's car, who is the an editor/writer for the Birmingham Black & White, which at times prints some incindiary articles.

i have many many other dings, dents, bumps, and bruises, but overall, the car has always RUN great (my grammar might be wrong in that sentence...help jessy or jennifer.)

but last night, when i returned home from a weekend of sunburns, soaking rains, auburn victories, debauchery with good friends, and my favorite church i've ever attended, something had happened that tops all of those various car ailments.



it may be hard to see, but that's an egg, splattered on my car. you might be thinking, "oh those crazy kids and their egging houses." that's valid...i do live with a middle school teacher who has a history of getting rolled. but this was no middle school kids. it was a bird. a careless bird allowed that egg to roll out of its nest in the tree above my car, and that egg landed on my car. how inconsiderate.

(pictures courtesy of my now-broken iphone. go apple!)

5 comments:

Dan said...

egg drop soup!

Anonymous said...

mmm tastey dan. chand, maybe it's you. first the car now the iphone..? i'm just sayin.. get that egg off soon, it removes the paint..but that just adds more character perhaps. ;-)

Jessy said...

hahaha aww that is so sad! And I have no clue what happened to that sentence!

Anonymous said...

i'm dramatic?

Unknown said...

c'mon...you just need some 4 in 1 gauze pads and quaker state will get that right off.